Karl Olsen, MD
Advanced refractive cataract surgery techniques, including the use of premium intraocular lenses that remove astigmatism and allow reading vision. He also utilizes the latest in iLASIK laser refractive surgery and KAMRA corneal inlay for presbyopia correction. He has participated in numerous clinical research studies as principal or sub-investigator and also is a cataract surgical trainer for Alcon Surgical CORE program for resident physicians.
- Phillips Eye Institute in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Refractive Laser Vision Correction Training
- University of Minnesota, Residency in General Ophthalmology, Chief Resident
- Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis, Medical internship
- Georgetown University, Doctor of Medicine
- Georgetown University, Masters in Physiology
- St. Olaf College, Bachelor of Science in Biology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Society for Excellence in Eye Care
Speaking to local senior groups. Philanthropy to local causes such as Harvest Farms, SAVA, the Larimer County Food Bank, CASA, and the local chapter of the American Red Cross, and church activities
What Makes Me Smile:
Sitting on my back porch with family and friends in the beautiful Colorado weather. My two Rhodesian Ridgebacks, fresh powder on a Bluebird day, and SCUBA diving.
The willingness of Dr. Olsen to be friendly and positive in his conversation/advice. That is so very important and valuable!