Jason Mayer, MD
Cataract Surgery/Cornea Surgery/Laser Vision Correction
Medical and surgical management of corneal and external disease of the eye as well as complex cataract surgery and anterior segment reconstruction.
- Wills Eye Hospital, Heersink Fellowship in Cornea and External Disease
- Penn State University, Ophthalmology Residency
- Hahnemann University Hospital, Internal Medicine Internship
- Drexel University, Doctor of Medicine
- Boston College, Bachelor of Science
- Best Paper by Resident/Fellow at American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons 2016 Annual Meeting
- Gayle Rutherford Memorial Research Award for research in cataract surgery outcomes
- Clinical instructor of ophthalmology at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia
- Triservice Ocular Trauma Course at Uniformed Services University in Bethesda, MD
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Cornea Society
- Tear Film and Ocular Surface Society
- Strong commitment to missionary work and has served on medical missions to the Philippines and Bolivia, performing manual small incision cataract surgery for those in need.
What Makes Me Smile:
Outside of the office, I spend my time with my beautiful wife and our dog in the great Colorado outdoors. I enjoy cycling, running, hiking, kayaking, camping and recently started fly fishing.
No pain. I had a clear understanding of what was going on and what was next. Dr. Mayer was great!