The staff goes over and above to make you feel at ease and comfortable with the surgical experience. They also are extremely kind to the patient’s family.
EXPERT SUPPORT STAFF
- At the Eye Center of Northern Colorado, our support staff is vital to your overall eye care and patient experience. Every one of our patients interacts with these highly-trained individuals, so we place great importance on their technical and interpersonal skills.
The Importance of Certification
Our staff is constantly working toward higher levels of certification through:
- The Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO).
- The American Board of Opticianry (ABO)
- BSM Consulting
These organizations are respected internationally by physicians, administrators, and ophthalmic personnel and recognize individuals who have met certain qualifications and have demonstrated special knowledge and expertise.
Having a staff of certified personnel benefits our patients as well as our practice as a whole in that:
- Each staff member is trained to perform a variety of tasks which allows the physician to be more productive in diagnosing and treating patients.
- Our staff is extremely competent in their knowledge and skills because of their specialized training in ophthalmology. The overall result is better patient care throughout our clinics.
Certified Ophthalmic Technicians, Assistants, and Technologists
- Technicians, assistants, and technologists are often the first medical personnel a patient encounters at our practice.
- They take the patient’s history, perform preliminary examinations and testing, and collect data that the physician will use to make a diagnosis and create a treatment plan.
- At the Eye Center of Northern Colorado, all technical staff go through an extensive training program and is required to become certified by JCAHPO within 18 months of employment. required to become certified by JCAHPO within 24 months of employment.
- We also provide education for ophthalmic personnel throughout Colorado, Wyoming, and Nebraska.
- Opticians at the Eye Center of Northern Colorado use state-of-the-art technology to take measurements, fit and adjust eyeglasses, advise patients on different types of lenses, and assemble or order eyeglasses.
- These trained individuals have the technical know-how to cut, grind, and buff lenses to exact prescription specifications.
- At the Eye Center of Northern Colorado, our opticians are required to become certified by the ABO within 12 months of employment.
Certified Patient Service Specialists
- Certified Patient Service Specialists at the Eye Center of Northern Colorado include our friendly and knowledgeable front desk personnel, phone operators, schedulers, medical secretaries, and referral coordinator.
- Each Certified Patient Service Specialist has taken classes pertaining to patient care and business function as well as ophthalmic anatomy, triage, and diseases and has received certification through BSM Consulting.
All the staff at the Eye Center of Northern Colorado are dedicated to providing the best in customer care to every patient that walks in the door, from the time they enter, through their medical visit, to their check out. Call today to make your appointment with a fellowship-trained ophthalmologist.