The Eye Center of Northern Colorado Job Opportunities
Full Charge Bookkeeper
The successful Bookkeeper will contribute to the fulfillment of the Eye Center’s Mission Statement by performing and coordinating all Bookkeeping activities for the organization. This individual will be performing and coordinating all Bookkeeping activities using Sage Peachtree software. They will also be responsible for, in coordination with administration, month, quarter and year end activities, bench-marking and payroll. This individual needs to be self-directed and able to interpret and build Excel reports.
- Accounts payable responsibilities for seven separate entities under the direction of management.
- Research any questions regarding accuracy of A/P and pay bills on a weekly basis.
- Make appropriate transfers from various checking accounts and record Journal Entries.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all entities.
- Process payroll through ADP and generate payroll reports.
- Record payroll adjusting entries.
- Retrieve benchmarking information out of medical management software and create Excel spreadsheets – help build reports for management’s use.
- Process refund/co-management payments on a weekly basis.
- Record day sheet totals into Peachtree and maintain corresponding Excel spreadsheet.
- Handle highly confidential subject matters. Communicate highly confidential information only to those persons who should, by nature of their job/authority, receive it.
- Prepare various monthly/quarterly reports including Sales Tax and Allocable Expense report.
- Reconcile all payable/receivable balances between various entities.
- Maintain effective and efficient filing system.
- Compile information from ADP and iSolved for reports requested by the administrator.
- Suggest innovations or modification in accounting procedures to maintain or create overall efficiency and responsiveness.
- Communicate with co-workers in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate ability to multi task.
- Demonstrate knowledge of English grammar and spelling.
- Possess exceptional customer service skills.
- Knowledge of clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, banking and analysis and reporting financial data.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information (HIPAA compliance).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team environment and to remain calm and professional under stress.
- Ability to effectively handle many situations at a time and meet deadlines.
- Advanced organizational and communication skills required.
- Minimum Education: High school education plus specialized training in accounting.
- Two or more years of bookkeeping experience.
- Advanced computer knowledge of Word, Excel, ADP, and Peachtree.
Medical Insurance Billing Specialist
The successful Medical Insurance Billing Specialist will possess the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment. Critical thinking skills are a must in processing patient payments, processing statements, balancing payments to route slips, collection of unpaid patient accounts, and in daily interactions with patients. Diplomacy and tact are required in interactions with patients and fellow co-workers. The typical day will require that a variety of tasks and responsibilities be carried out with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Daily data entry and balancing.
- Answer all phone inquiries and written inquiries from patients.
- Make payment arrangements with patients unable to pay in full at time of service.
- Print, review, and work reports to identify delinquent accounts.
- Send billing statements to patients.
- Notifies patients of delinquent status by sending past-due statements.
- Process delinquent accounts to outside collection agency.
- Hardship reviews with physicians.
- Assist Front Desk with billing and insurance questions as needed.
- Assist department co-workers as needed.
- Balance write-offs (when directed).
- Post patient and/or insurance payments.
- Perform other tasks as directed.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to multi task.
- Ability to process data entry with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to handle patients with diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to acquire and understand medical (eye) terminology.
- Computer literate and able to master various software programs.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in medical billing and collections.
- Ophthalmology office experience is preferred.
If you are an outgoing, friendly, upbeat, people-oriented individual, we have a position for you! NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY. If you are the right person, we will train you. This career has long-term advancement potential, higher levels of compensation, and responsibility available through achieving higher levels of certification.
Unlike dispensing opticians who fit contact lenses and glasses, ophthalmic technicians work directly with an ophthalmologist conducting patient eye examinations and tests. They are “physician extenders,” allowing ophthalmologists to see more patients in a day.
- Patient intake and workup, following standardized protocol.
- Ophthalmic diagnostic testing.
- Patient counseling and education as needed.
- Awareness of patient flow issues and ability to maintain efficient clinical flow.
- Update daily schedule assessing no-shows and add-ins.
- Scribing in a rotational pattern.
- Answer and return phone calls and write scripts as requested by physicians and other departments.
- Stocking and cleaning clinic as needed.
- Facilitate patient experience by assisting physician in overall patient care.
- Work within the confines of the Eye Center team by assisting other departments with answers to questions, patient triage, etc.
- Self-study is required to obtain/maintain ophthalmic technician certification within 18 months of employment.
- Maintain a professional demeanor, including dress and work conversation.
- Understand and solve patient complaints.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other staff and doctors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Effectively and empathetically communicate in both oral and written formats.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current JCAHPO certification preferred.
- AAS in Ophthalmic Medical Assisting or equivalent in work experience.
- Prior experience in a fast paced medical office and in electronic health record preferred.
Oculoplastic Department Coordinator
The successful Oculoplastic Department Coordinator will contribute to the fulfillment of the Eye Center’s mission statement by acting as a liaison between physician and patient, maintaining availability when the physician is in surgery and providing support to the physician while in clinic. The successful Oculoplastic Department Coordinator will clearly explain patient care options to patients as directed by the physician, and will be responsible overall to ensure a positive clinical experience for both the doctor and the patient.
- Oversees quality assurance of clinical templates, having a strong awareness of clinical flow and identifying areas of inefficiency.
- Oversees management and quality assurance of physical clinic area and clinical supplies.
- Effectively and efficiently works with supervisory staff to resolve matters of interdepartmental concerns.
- Efficiently and professionally handles patient concerns within the Oculoplastic Clinic and other clinics as needed.
- Performs complimentary cosmetic consultations for patients to ascertain patient needs, makes appropriate recommendations and schedules patient for consult and/or treatment with physician.
- Performs Pelleve and IPL treatments under standardized protocols.
- Works with Oculoplastic physician and Marketing Director to develop new strategies to enhance and grow the aesthetic practice, including market research, social media, and website maintenance.
- Implements new strategies to grow the aesthetic practice and measures the success.
- Coordinates and facilitates marketing events and physician speaking engagements.
- Assists with orientation and training of new staff with regard to oculoplastic department.
- Scribes for Oculoplastic Physician.
- Responsible for Patient intakes and workups, follows standardized protocol for the oculoplastic clinic.
- Schedules patient appointments and oversees the oculoplastic schedule.
- Obtains vital signs.
- Assists in minor surgical and laser procedures and set-ups.
- Works with the oculoplastic team to maintain inventory for aesthetic clinic supplies, skin care products and marketing materials in order to maximize overall availability and profitability of products.
- Supports the relationship between referring physicians, dermatologists and the Eye Center in order to facilitate continuity of care for each patient.
- Understands and solves patient concerns.
- Works within the confines of the Eye Center team by assisting other departments with answers to questions, patient triage, etc.
- Maintains effective working relationships with other staff and doctors.
- Exemplifies and models ECNC’s Core Values in order to best represent ECNC at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Self-directed and the ability to take direction.
- Multitasking and prioritization abilities.
- Effectively and empathetically communicate in both oral and written formats.
- Ability to communicate professionally with a variety of different personalities.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
- Knowledge of insurance company participation and requirements.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and appearance, well spoken, self-directed, positive, enthusiastic, motivated, self-confident, and friendly.
- Exceptional customer service skills, critical thinking skills and professionalism.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced medical office and working in electronic health records preferred.
- Experience working in aesthetics and/or plastic surgery preferred.
The Eye Center provides many benefits for their staff members, such as health/dental/vision benefits, 401k/profit sharing, generous education allowance, paid vacation and personal time, along with many discounted services and other benefits.
If you believe you are our ideal candidate, then please e-mail us your resume and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.